CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations (Mental Health, Abuse and Violence course)
In every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which may involve some kind of crisis situation. Upon completion of this course you will have the knowledge and skills required to maintain safety through effective response to potential or actual critical situations. You will be able to minimise the impact of critical incidents, prevent escalation of violent behaviour and secure the safety of clients.
This unit applies to any community services worker involved in crisis intervention. Management of the crisis may involve face-to-face, telephone or remote contact with persons involved.
The skills in this unit must be applied in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered in our management of Anaphylaxis course
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
CHCCCS019 – Recognise and respond to crisis situations
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 8 hours
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Performance tasks: (on three occasions)
- Identify imminent crisis situations
- Address immediate safety concerns
- Apply crisis intervention activities
- Provide referral for crisis intervention support
- Participate in a debrief
Documentation – Completion of an Incident Report.
Case studies – A written assessment consisting of two (2) case studies.
Post-course theory assessment – Students must complete the assessment questions in their student portal.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.