PUAEME004 – Provide Emergency Care for Suspected Spinal Injury
This course in emergency care for suspected spinal injury will allow you to develop skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to provide emergency care to a casualty with a suspected spinal injury.
Develop the skills to minimise further injury when applying first aid and waiting for emergency medical aid. Our course includes recognition and management of a suspected spinal injury, immobilising cervical spine, evaluating the need to move a casualty, preparing a casualty for transport, transporting and monitoring a casualty and performing a casualty handover.
Providing emergency care for a suspected spinal injury requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to potentially fatal injuries, such as those that require cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or involve severe bleeding. These procedures carry a risk of further injury to the casualty and the first aider. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with an actual real-life situation.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered in our Management of Asthma Risks Course
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- PUAEME004 – Provide emergency care for suspected spinal injury
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
- Face-to-Face Face to Face contact time of at least 5 Hours
Prerequisite – This course has a prerequisite of HLTAID003 Provide first aid or HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
Physical fitness – Participants must have the physical capacity to complete a practical demonstration of moving a casualty with suspected spinal injury.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Fit a conscious casualty with a soft cervical collar
- Fit a conscious casualty with a soft cervical collar and assist to a supine position
- Move a casualty with a suspected spinal injury
Workplace documentation – The student is to complete 3 entries in the Workplace Incident Journal.
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.