HLTINFCOV001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
In every workplace, workers are exposed to day to day activities which involve Infection control, some more than others. You will get an understanding of how to implement standard and transmission-based precautions and responding to infection risks safely. Individuals will gain the knowledge and skills required to respond to the infection risks in their workplace. This unit specifically applies to individuals working in health and direct client care contexts.
Individuals successfully completing the HLTINF001 Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures course will follow established organisation infection prevention and control procedures, which will include:
- Hand hygiene and care of hand
- Use of personal protective equipment
- Handling of waste
- Enforcing clean and contaminated zones
- Limitation of contamination
- Surface cleaning
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered in our management of infection prevention and control policies course
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course.
- HLTINF001 – Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
Refresher Face to Face contact time of at least 8 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 45 Mins
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
Assessments conducted during training session(s) include:
Third Party Report:
- Health and Safety Risk Assessment
- Choose and don PPE
- Completion of a Health and Safety Risk Assessment report
- Follow standard and additional precautions for infection prevention and control
- Follow procedures for managing risks associated with specific hazards
- Health and Safety Incident Report
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.