PUAEME005 Provide Pain Management
This course will allow you to develop skills and knowledge and most importantly, confidence, to administer restricted analgesic to provide pain management as part of a medically supervised first responder organisation. It includes identifying the need for analgesia, accessing, preparing and administering restricted pain relief such as analgesics and aspirin according to medically endorsed protocols, performing casualty handovers and completing analgesic use requirements.
Providing pain management requires instruction and practical training. This is especially true where it relates to storing, accessing, preparing and administering restricted analgesic drugs. As with any training, it is more useful if training occurs before being confronted with an actual real-life situation.
Licensing requirements for the storage and administration of drugs may apply depending on the organisation, type of drug, state/territory, etc.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered in our Management of Asthma Risks Course
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- PUAEME005 – Provide pain management
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher Face to Face contact time of at least 4 Hours
- Face-to-Face Face to Face contact time of at least 5 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 30 Mins
Prerequisite – This course has a prerequisite of HLTAID011 Provide First Aid.
Online study options:
- Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
- The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Please note: The Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment delivery mode includes video assessment questions. Occasionally the student will be required to make a video of themselves, either verbally explaining or demonstrating the required assessment outcome. If you do not wish to complete video assessment questions, please consider an alternative mode of delivery (for e.g. a blended or full face to face course).
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
- Pain management & handover to paramedics
- Pain management for chest pain
- 2 x Drug register logs
- First aid incident report form
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.