22556VIC Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
Successful completion of this Management of Asthma Risks course will provide participants with the knowledge and skills to be able to develop an asthma management plan and provide asthma related first aid interventions in the workplace.
The course covers the correct use of reliever medication, recognition, risk management, prevention and risk minimisation strategies related to asthma.
Individuals completing this course will be able to apply their skills and knowledge in either the workplace or in the community.
** There are specific industries that require additional training such as childcare workers, school teachers and other related industries.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered in our Management of Asthma Risks Course
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
VU22927 – Manage asthma risks and emergencies in the workplace
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
- Refresher Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
- Blended Face to Face contact time of at least 2 Hours
- Face-to-Face Face to Face contact time of at least 3 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 20 Mins
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
Practical task demonstrations:
- Simulated Scenario – Administer asthma medication (with spacer) using a personal asthma action plan
- Performance Task – Administer asthma medication without a spacer
Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- Asthma Incident Report Form
- Asthma Risk Assessment Form
- Individual Management Plan
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of multiple choice and short answer questions. All questions must be completed.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Participants must have the physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration such as assisting a casualty into the correct position and administering asthma medication.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Adult CPR (including defibrillation and placing the casualty in the recovery position)
- Infant CPR
- Administer oxygen to an adult and child
Documentation: Completion of an incident report form
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of short-answer and multiple-choice questions.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.