Assist clients with medications & healthy body system combined course
This course is designed to provide the knowledge and skills required by an individual to work with basic information about the human body and to recognise and promote ways to maintain healthy functioning of the body and to prepare for and provide medication assistance and complete medication documentation, according to authority in their state or territory.
The course can be delivered in the community and health services industry where individuals may be required to assist with the administration of medication, as part of their role at work, or in the community.
Participants will learn about the basic structure and functions of the body systems and associated components, the processes, conditions and resources required by the body to support healthy functioning, protection from infection and active and passive physical activity. They will also learn about the importance of checking and confirming the care plan and details, client identity, correct medication including expiry dates, dosage instructions, correct dosage. And conducting pre and post-administration client checks, cleaning equipment, disposal and storage of medications according to organisation procedures.
The skills in this course apply to community services and health workers with authority in their state or territory to assist with the administration of medication and must be used in accordance with Commonwealth and State/Territory legislation, Australian/New Zealand standards and industry codes of practice.
Important information prior to enrolment
Units Being Delivered in our management of our Assist clients with medications & healthy body system combined course
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course durations can vary for multiple reasons, so the durations below are the minimum possible amount.
Face-to-Face Face to Face contact time of at least 21 Hours
- Online with face-to-face assessment Face to Face contact time of at least 1 hour
Certificate Renewal Requirements
This certificate does not require renewal
- Name the body systems
- Name the organs/components
- Matching body system functions & common conditions/diseases
- Interrelationships between body systems
- Scenario 1 – Provide assistance with medication – Asthma
- Scenario 2 – Provide assistance with medication – Anaphylaxis
- Scenario 3 – Provide assistance with medication – PRN Liquid Paracetamol
- Scenario 4 – Provide assistance with medication – Eye Drops
- Scenario 5 – Provide assistance with medication – Tablets
- Incident Report Forms
- Medication Administration Forms
Case studies – The student must use the information presented in the case study and complete all related assessment questions
Theory assessment – A written assessment consisting of short-answer and multiple-choice questions. The student must complete all assessment questions.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.