Remote or Isolated First Aid
HLTAID013 – Provide First Aid In Remote Or Isolated Site
(Was HLTAID005 Provide first aid in remote situations)
Providing a lifesaving first aid response in a remote or isolated site where medical assistance may be delayed or evacuation is required, requires specific instruction and practical training.
The course in first aid for remote situations teaches preparation for first aid emergencies based on the site and in line with legal and workplace requirements, Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines and other Australian national peak clinical bodies.
You will learn to assess a casualty, providing safety, contacting and relaying initial and concise information to assist emergency services to your location, undertaking triage for multiple casualties and providing ongoing care.
Instruction on basic first aid and CPR will be provided, as well as treatments specific to remote conditions, such as hypothermia or hyperthermia, head, neck and spinal injuries, using tourniquets and haemostatic dressings for life-threatening bleeding, and managing a casualty in shock.
The course covers completing incident documentation and debriefing, recognising areas for improvement, psychological impacts, the potential need for stress management and support, and seeking help as required.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered in first aid in remote situations course
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID013 – Provide First Aid in remote or isolated site
- HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 – Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face –16 hours (2 days minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – N/A.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 360 minutes (6 hours)face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – N/A
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Certificate Renewal Requirements
Certificates will require renewal after 36 months
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Complete a first aid incident report form based on the simulated first aid scenario
- Perform CPR on an infant
- Manage a casualty with anaphylaxis
- Manage a casualty with asthma
- Manage a choking casualty
- Manage a casualty with non-life-threatening bleeding and shock, requiring minor wound cleaning
- Manage a casualty with a nosebleed
- Manage a casualty with a fracture and dislocation
- Manage a casualty with a sprain and strain
- Manage a casualty with envenomation (snake/ funnel-web spider bite)
- Manage a casualty with hyperthermia
- Simulated scenario – First aid response in a remote site (plan and prepare for a remote trip, conduct a basic triage, coordinate an evacuation)
- Complete a planning and equipment checklist
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.