HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
(Was HLTAID001 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation)
HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation can give you the skill and knowledge to help with Cardiac arrest as it is a medical emergency that can lead to death. With urgent medical care to restart the heart, survival is possible.
Quick decision making to recognise and assess a cardiac emergency, call for medical assistance and perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) procedures will increase the chance of survival for a person who is unconscious and not breathing normally.
In this CPR course, you will learn these skills, in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, including using an automated external defibrillator (AED), how to rotate first aiders with minimal interruptions to compressions, and what to do if the casualty regurgitates or vomits.
The course also covers conveying accurate incident details when handing the casualty over to emergency services, how to review an incident, to recognise any psychological impacts on self and other rescuers, to seek help if required and for improvement of own personal skills and response times.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909.
- HLTAID009 Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd, Weston or in the workplace
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Participants must have the physical capacity to perform the practical demonstrations, such as 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on the floor.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic devices with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Performance tasks and practical scenarios:
- Perform CPR on an adult (incl. the use of an AED and placing a casualty into the recovery position)
- Perform CPR on an infant
Theory assessment: A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice questions.
As well if you would like to complete your HLTAID011 – Provide First Aid, this includes your HLTAID009 – Provide Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face –2 hours (minimum) – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – 1.5 hours (minimum) face to face course – with the addition of 2 hours self-paced learning to be completed prior to attending the face to face course.
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 30 minutes face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – 1.5 hours (minimum) – conditions apply for this option, for example, you will need to provide previous current certificates.
Call us NOW! +61 2 49361190
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.