Childcare – Asthma and Anaphylaxis combined
Childcare – Asthma and Anaphylaxis combined training unit of competency
has been designed for individuals who are required to provide first aid to a person experiencing asthma and/or anaphylaxis until the arrival of medical assistance. This means being able to identify the triggers, signs and symptoms and follow the standard first aid procedures to administer medication according to condition.
Satisfactorily completing all requirement of this course provides the student with the ability to develop risk management and risk minimisation strategies for individuals diagnosed at risk of asthma and/or anaphylaxis in the workplace. This includes the development and implementation of pre-emergency risk assessment/management and the development and implementation of individual management plans.
This course provides nationally recognised training for workers, or nominated workplace first aiders, from any industry sector and addresses the provision of care to adults and/or children in the workplace who are diagnosed as being at risk or displaying signs/symptoms.
** There are specific industries that require additional training such as childcare workers, school teachers and other related industries.
Please refer to the Australian Children’s Education and Care Quality Authority website for details.
Important information prior to enrolment
Unit Being Delivered
The following unit(s) will be awarded to successful participants in this course. The certificate will be issued by Allens Training Pty Ltd RTO 90909;
- Course Set – 22556VIC & 22300VIC
- 22300VIC – Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
- 22556VIC – Course in the Management of Asthma Risks and Emergencies in the Workplace
To view full unit details please visit www.training.gov.au
We run our classes at the 54 Cessnock Rd Weston NSW 2326 or in the workplace
Course Duration (face to face)
- Face to Face –4.5 hours – full face to face course.
- Blended delivery – 3 Hours
- Online delivery with face to face Practical assessment – self paced online learning with an approx. scheduled 30 minutes face to face practical assessment in the training room.
- Refresher training – 3 Hours
It is recommended that students will be best equipped to successfully undertake the training if they have language, literacy and oral communication skills that align to Level 3 of the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
In addition, it is recommended that entrants have current competency in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Participants must have the physical fitness to be able to meet the demands of the practical demonstration such as positioning a casualty ready to administer an autoinjector and administering the autoinjector and for administering asthma medication.
Pre-course study: Students may be required to undertake online pre-course work prior to attending the face to face session depending on the course delivery mode.
Online study: Students must have access to a computer, smartphone, tablet or other electronic device with access to the internet to complete the online/ pre-course studies.
Individuals undertaking this course will be expected to complete both written and practical assessment tasks.
Assessments conducted during face-to-face training session(s) include:
- Performance tasks
- Administer asthma medication (with spacer) using a personal asthma action plan
- Administer asthma medication without a spacer
- Administer the adrenaline autoinjector for anaphylaxis
- First aid for allergic reaction and anaphylaxis
- Documentation – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- First aid/Incident report form
- Complete a risk assessment for asthma and anaphylaxis and an individual management plan for a child with asthma and anaphylaxis based on a case study and information provided
- Individual asthma and anaphylaxis management plan for a child, which includes a communication plan to raise awareness of the child’s allergies, triggers and their management plan
- Theory assessment – The student must complete the following to the appropriate standard:
- A written assessment consisting of multiple-choice and short answer questions. You must complete all assessment questions.
*If you cant find a date listed use the form below to make a group booking enquiry
Learners Rights, Responsibilities and Support, including Complaints
Course Fees and Payments
- Please refer to our booking calendar for individual course fees.
- Refund and fee protection policy – Please refer to the student handbook.
- Payment Terms – Payment for individual participants is upfront, group booking payment terms are based on agreement between the client and service provider.
- Group Prices – We do have Group Prices for up to ten or up to twenty participants phone for a quote
Work Placement Arrangements
No work placement will be required as part of this course.